Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Hungarians - after the red the BLUE

Hungarian Infantry


IR32 Forgach


These are cast from the test moulds. There are a few mistakes on the castings which have been corrected for the production moulds. The most obvious one being that the tricorns should have a pom-pom (so this is IR 32 which probably did not have one).

I think it's fair to say I went a bit overboard on the BLUE, but they are done now so I will have to live with them!









The Poses


The poses for the drummer and rank and file are the same as in the Prussians and Austrians, however there are new poses for three of the figures.







The new NCO with a halberd, but this is a separate weapon so can carry a sword or musket.

I think this is a very nice pose.














Similarly a new officer pose can carry an assortment of weapons.

(For the Russians we are considering a pose something like this, but with the left arm pointing, He could then be used to in the Prussians and Austrians for variety)







And finally the new standard bearer, we stayed with the same pose but made him an officer.

The flag is from Maverick models and is an early 'Hungarian' version with the Madonna on both sides.

(Again we are thinking of an officer with standard in the Russians so he can be used for variety in the other armies).



Mould Listing and Release Date


 I'm not sure of the mould listing or release date - I will let you know when I have more details.


9 comments:

  1. They look amazing! Nothing like light blue and white uniforms.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stokes

      Thanks, but still a bit too blue I think!

      Steve

      Delete
  2. I once had a Ford Capri sprayed that colour, my missus hated it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James (or is it Richard?)

      But I bet you thought it was great - if they become part of a future imagination project they can become the Capri Fusiliers?

      (On another site the bright red Saxons have become the Trumpton Grenadiers!).

      Steve

      Delete
  3. They will stand out nicely in the Austrian order of battle. I like having the additional pose options for the command figures.

    How well aligned were starter holes for the flag staff?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rahway (Is this your name or the place?)

      Thanks, I think keeping the close order rank and file in the two poses, and adding some variation into the command seems to work quite well.

      The alignment of the standard is OK, but still off centre, I think Chris changed it after you thought it looked wrong.

      Steve

      Delete
    2. It is a screen name that I have used for quite a long time.

      Delete
  4. The new figures are looking good. I need to get my head back to the 18thC before long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross

      Thanks, we are trying our best. - I did not realise what a big task this was going to be when I started but I think it is coming together. It is making me paint more than I have done for years!

      What do PA need to bring out to tempt you back I wonder?????????

      Steve





      Delete